For 2016 I picked 10 goals, and that was too many (something I learn every year it seems) :). A year is too long too, so I am going to try 3 month periods as that seems better and try to help me connect to the big goals going forward. And, that will let me focus on only one new thing per 3 month period, which some studies seem to indicate helps the habit stick…
So for the first 9 months of the year how did I do?
1. Make my new business a success!!!
– I always want to go faster, but I am happy with where we are at. The next 6 months are going to be fun!
2. Do yoga 3x a week.
– I did decent here, although I only did 20 minutes of yoga three times a week and never converted to a hour long practice. With us moving ~9 times since we moved to Colorado I never tried to go to a class. In August I switched it over to Foundation Training as the Chiropractor wants me to avoid twisting my back for now. So I am pushing this into the morning rehab bucket for Q4, and starting to think about starting a new sport.
3. Further build my morning habit of rehab and meditation.
– Doing awesome here, although it has been hard the last couple months to do it all in the morning. I’ve done 198 days straight of meditation, and 268 straight of my morning rehab practice.
4. Read two books with Lindsey on marriage to spur discussion and to improve/learn.
– In progress and should be good!
5. Update: In January the doc told me i need to stop running due to my back. So I am shifting this goal to: Bike 3x a week and see if I can shift over to that.
– With so much moving this one was a total no go. I originally had run 3 to 5 miles, but due to what the doctor said I changed it to biking. I just got a cheap stationary bike setup, so I am hoping to start that. I really want to get back into shape, I miss trail running.
6. Build up to 10 minutes of non stop ball rehab workouts by the end of the year.
– Dropped this one as no room in the places we stayed. And, it was too much to throw in on top of other things.
7. Go mountain biking or sledding at least once a month.
– Totally missed this one.
8. Read 100 books.
– Going slow but going well, looking forward to my vacation so I can read a bunch more. I flew a lot less which hurt this number.
9. Make sure to make time for friends & family in Arkansas & Colorado.
– Did well here.
10. Join Vistage and EO once I am living in Denver.
– I joined vistage in Feb, and EO had some delays due to conflicts with their dates. I just did the new member part, and putting in an application soon.
So, too many :)
Working to plan out Q4 and do a bit of a reset, especially now that some other stresses are winding down.